This Baked Chicken Breast is great as a main dish, salad topper for Cobb Salad, or make a chicken sandwich. In this recipe, we will teach you everything you need to know to avoid dry chicken breast for good and always get a juicy, melt-in-your-mouth result. The best part? You can tweak the seasoning as you see fit to cater to whatever you’re craving at the moment.
Juicy Chicken Breast in the Oven
This is the classic, go-to recipe for oven-baked chicken breast. It is extraordinarily versatile and can be prepared in an innumerable variety of inventive and delectable ways. With the exception of saucy chicken marsala and stuffed chicken breast, ordinary chicken breast tends to be dry and tasteless. However, we have developed a foolproof method that will consistently yield chicken breast that is exceptionally juicy, tender, and flavorful. The straightforward seasonings of paprika, garlic, and parsley will surely captivate you.
Ingredients for Baked Chicken Breast
Chicken Breast – Try to find boneless skinless chicken breasts that are free-range or organic. They are packed with the most flavor and the freshest taste. Also, try to find chicken breasts that are similar in size so they cook evenly. Depending on the size of the breasts, you might need to adjust the cooking time.
Paprika – Feel free to use fresh or smoked paprika. Either work great and add such a depth of flavor to the chicken breasts.
Garlic Parsley Salt – This all-in-one seasoning is perfect for everything from chicken breasts to potatoes. It’s super savory and such a no-brainer
Black Pepper – If you can opt for freshly cracked pepper over the pre-ground stuff. It will add so much more flavor and make for a nicer presentation.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil – Either olive oil or avocado oil will work great. Both have high smoke points and add an earthy flavor to the chicken.
How to Bake Chicken Breast in the Oven
Assemble – Preheat the oven to 400°F and assemble the chicken breast in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Season – Rub the chicken on all sides with the oil, paprika, garlic parsley salt, and black pepper.
Bake the Chicken – Bake the chicken uncovered for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F on a thermometer. Once you remove the chicken breasts from the oven, allow them to sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes to lock in all the juice.
Ways to Serve
There are a million and one ways to serve this tasty, juicy chicken breast. Feel free to pair it with any side dish you love best. You can’t go wrong!
- As a salad topping, incorporate chicken breast into a Greek salad, traditional Caesar salad, or autumn chicken salad.
- Complement the succulent chicken breast with potatoes—potatoes that have been boiled, potatoes mashed with garlic, or potatoes roasted in an air fryer.
- In addition to grains, serve the chicken with white rice, quinoa, or any other preferred grain to increase its fiber content.
- Complement the chicken with roasted carrots, Mexican market corn, or asparagus for a simple, low-carb dinner.
When chicken breast is cooked, it is ideal for meal preparation. You can preserve it in the refrigerator for the duration of a hectic workweek.
- Refrigerate the chicken breast to preserve its freshness for three to four days. Place it in a secure container and refrigerate it. This will prevent dehydration.
- Reheat in a casserole or baking dish lined with foil at 350°F for an additional minute, or until thoroughly heated.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 lb chicken breast, (about 4-6 pieces)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic parsley salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, or added to taste
- 2 tbsp oil, olive or avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the chicken breast on a lined baking sheet.
- Season the chicken breasts on all sides with oil, paprika, garlic parsley salt, and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F on a thermometer.
Read Also:- Zuppa Toscana – Olive Garden Copycat