An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.
Banana Nut Bread Recipe:
This recipe over time, and he has earned a reputation for making banana bread. He prepares it often, but it vanishes instantly each time! It is straightforward to prepare and our preferred method for ensuring that mature bananas are not wasted. It is exceptionally moist and an ideal portable brunch option. Even banana muffins were made using this recipe.
This baguette retains its moisture for several days and additionally functions as a considerate and delectable holiday gift option (I personally prefer banana bread to fruit cake).
Ingredients for Banana Bread:
Flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs, and ripe bananas are all that are required to make the finest banana bread. Walnuts and raisins are not required, but they transform the bread into banana nut bread by adding a delicious flavor and texture.
Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?
YES! It is not necessary to include raisins and walnuts in the formula for it to function properly. We always prepare it without nuts because a member of our family is allergic to walnuts. You will continue to have the most delectable, moist, and tender loaf possible. Alternatively, chocolate may be utilized in the preparation of chocolate chip banana bread.
How to Ripen Bananas:
Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.
Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?
DO NOT discard overripe bananas that you have not yet prepared to use in baking.
Freeze bananas for up to three months after placing them unpeeled in a freezer-safe container and removing any excess air. For banana bread, thawed bananas may be utilized. Additionally, peeled and cut portions may be frozen to facilitate their incorporation into smoothies.
How to Make Banana Bread:
This is the simplest recipe for banana bread. Although we utilize a stand mixer for its convenience, an electric hand mixer or even a hand whisk can be employed to achieve the same results. There is no need for sophisticated apparatus. After watching the following video tutorial, you will quickly become an expert.
- Butter and sugar are creamed together in a mixing basin.
- Combine banana puree and eggs.
- Combine the dry ingredients—flour, salt, and baking soda—with a whisk before adding to the batter.
- Mix in the vanilla, hazelnuts, and raisins; transfer to a loaf pan that has been prepared and bake.
- Alternatives to Nutritious Banana Bread:
- Anna, my sister, transformed this into honey banana bread by substituting honey for sugar.
- Organic whole wheat flour should be substituted for all-purpose flour.
- In lieu of flour, substitute 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed.
- When utilizing overripe bananas, reduce the amount of sugar to 1/2 cup; they impart an ample amount of flavor.
- 3 very ripe bananas, (medium/large)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, (8 Tbsp) at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).
- Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to the batter.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Read Also:- Meatloaf Recipe